What You Need To Know About Clear Aligners [BLOG]
Spring is here and there couldn’t be a better time to address those crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth that have been bringing down your health and appearance for far too long. Don’t worry, regardless of your age or background, chances are good that we can make your transformation happen without metal braces. At Parkway Dental we can examine your teeth and let you know if you are a good candidate for Invisalign clear aligners. All you have to do to get started is call us at [phone] to request your orthodontic consultation appointment in Snellville, GA. In the meantime, keep reading for some good information about this great alternative orthodontic treatment option.
Who Is A Candidate For Invisalign?
Invisalign can potentially work for any patient who is old enough for orthodontic care and who is dealing with mild or moderate alignment issues. This covers an array of patients with a wide range of smile issues.
It is helpful to explore some of the particular problems that Invisalign can fix:
- Crooked and crowded teeth: It would be nice if all our teeth came in perfectly straight and parallel to one another. But for most of us, a gorgeous grin requires some professional assistance. And Invisalign clear aligners can get your off-balance teeth into proper positions for creating a nice, uniform smile.
- Gaps between teeth: Often gaps appear at the front of someone’s mouth, although you can have these gaps between other teeth or even multiple gaps in your smile. Most patients would prefer to close those visible gaps, and Invisalign can help with that as well.
- Overbites or underbites: An overbite occurs when your top teeth stick out noticeably more than your bottom teeth. An underbite is when the lower teeth stick out more than the upper teeth. The nice thing is that Invisalign can help with either of these problems.
- Crossbites: This is sort of a hybrid problem that is apparent when someone with a crossbite closes his or her mouth and their top and bottom teeth overlap one another in different places. Again, clear aligners can usually resolve the problem.
- Open bites: An open bite is what happens when you close your bite and a noticeable space remains between your top and bottom teeth. In most cases, Invisalign is just the right solution.
What Is The Age Requirement For Invisalign?
As we alluded to earlier, there is no set limit, and we like to joke that whatever age you are now is the best age for a clear aligners treatment. Let’s look at why Invisalign is great for certain populations.
- Invisalign For Teens: We think that being a teenager is hard enough. Getting traditional braces can create unnecessary hassles. You would have to avoid some of your favorite foods, and braces can insert discomfort into everyday life. Plus, for a self-conscious teenager, a bright display of metal brackets and wires may be a problem. Fortunately, Invisalign can help you sidestep all of these problems. Since the aligners are virtually invisible, they will allow you to fly under the radar. And since you can remove your aligners for a couple hours each day, you can take them out for enjoying whatever foods make you happy.
- Invisalign For Adults: Invisalign is a great way to boost the health and appearance of your smile. At a certain age, it can be framed as a cosmetic dentistry treatment more than an orthodontic program. Once you are past your teen years, you may not ever consider braces a real option, but Invisalign really can be an effective way to improve your smile. It won’t interfere with your daily life, and no one will ever know about the construction zone in your mouth.
Call Today To Start Working Toward Your New Smile
We hope you have been inspired by the possibilities of our Invisalign clear aligners program. Regardless of your age or orthodontic issues, it is worth looking into. Call Parkway Dental in Snellville, GA today at 770-676-1122 or fill out our online form to schedule your consultation appointment.