We’ll Manage Your Dental Fear
Does the thought of the dental office cause your heart rate to speed up a bit? If so, you’re not alone. There are literally millions of people in this country struggling with dental anxiety. Luckily for you, our Snellville, Ga., dental office is helping patients deal with dental fear in a number of ways.
When you come to Parkway Dental, we want you to be confident and comfortable with your treatments. That’s why we’re using the latest technique and technology to give you an anxiety-free visit to the dentist. Today we want to showcase a few of the ways we’re helping people overcome their fear of the dentist. Give us a call today at 770-676-1122 to schedule your first visit.
Enjoy our great environment
It’s important to feel comfortable in the dentist from the moment your walk into the office. The office staff needs to put you at ease right away. We have drinks in the waiting room, though we never anticipated making patients wake for their appointment times. Our operatories are semi-private so you won’t have to hear from other patients, and you can even watch TV during your dental cleanings and exams or dental visits. In those operatories, we also have blankets and pillows to make sure you’re relaxed during the visits.
Our dental team will also take the time you need during your visits. We’ll explain every aspect of the treatment before beginning.
Access to the latest technology
The latest tools and training means better results and more comfort. Patients of Parkway Dental are greeted by our talented staff, and we only use the most malleable equipment to make sure we’re comfortable in the dental chair. Here are a few ways our office is using advanced technology to help patients:
- Digital technology — We’re using digital technology to aid us in diagnosing and treating dental problems. The digital X-ray emit less radiation than traditional X-rays, making them safer and more clearer. We also using intraoral cameras to take pictures of your mouth. We use these pictures to discuss any dental problems and plan out your treatment.
- Oral cancer screening — It’s important to have your mouth assessed for signs of oral cancer, especially if your a smoke or heavy drinker. The VizLite tool is used to illuminate abnormal areas in the mouth that may be the signs of oral cancer.
- Invisalign — Don’t want to deal with the hassle of metal braces? You might not have to. Invisalign is a system that uses a series of clear aligners to move your teeth into a better location. The treatment is faster than traditional braces and more affordable. Invisalign can treat issues like mildly crooked teeth, gapped teeth, and even some bite issues.
- Soft-tissue laser — Our soft tissue laser takes the place of traditional gum surgery. A person may need gum surgery if they have excess gum tissue of gum disease. Unfortunately, gum disease is an extremely common problem. About 50 percent of all adults older than 30 have gum disease, and that number rises to about 75 percent for people 65 and older. The soft-tissue laser allows us to repair the gum faster and with minimal pain. Unlike traditional gum surgery, the soft-tissue laser does not require the use of scalpels or stitches, giving you a faster recovery!
- Full-mouth reconstruction— No one wants to think about needing dental treatments, but it helps to know that your dentist can handle all of your dental needs in one facility. That’s Parkway Dental. We offer everything from restorative restorative to placing dental implants for missing teeth. Dental implants are known as the strongest tooth replacement options in dentistry and can last a lifetime. They are also versatile and can be used to replace a single missing tooth or entire arch of missing teeth.
Relax while in the dental chair
If you can’t seem to get comfortable on your own, we can help with relaxing procedures. Our office is offering nitrous oxide, better known as laughing has, or oral conscious sedation, which comes in pill-form. Nitrous oxide, specifically, can be used in the dental chair. It relaxes you quickly and wears off quickly, so you’ll be fine to drive home after your office visit.
The pill-form sedation is prescribe before the visit. We can use this for more fearful patients or even those who need to undergo lengthy dental visits.
It’s common for our patients to select our sedation dentistry if they are extremely fearful or if they are undergoing longer treatments. Of course, our goal is to get you comfortable with the dentist so you won’t have to stress about your visits. Give our Snellville, Ga dental office a call today at 770-676-1122 or fill out our online form to book a visit.