Relieve Mouth Pain And Save Your Smile With Emergency Dental Care In Snellville
In November 2017, country singer Carrie Underwood fell outside her home, breaking her wrist and damaging her face enough to require 40 to 50 stitches. It’s safe to say that the superstar had no plans or expectations for her injuries! That’s the nature of accidents: you don’t see them coming.
Because you never know when you could have a similar experience, it’s important to know which Snellville, GA dentist to call if you take a tumble. Parkway Dental has the staff and technology to offer same-day appointments for emergency dental care, and you’ll enjoy the confidence of knowing your smile solution will look as great as it feels.
When you have a dental emergency, be sure to call us at 770-676-1122 to save your smile – fast!
Acting Fast Can Allow You To Keep Your Tooth
A dental emergency is different from a medical one. Most people won’t try to visit an emergency room unless their health is in immediate danger. But you should seek urgent dental care any time you think you should. There are several reasons to call Parkway Dental as soon as you suspect something is wrong:
- It’s hard to stick to your regular routine when you have mouth pain or discomfort. We can get you back to work and life with our quick and effective treatment.
- If you’re in pain, your mouth is sending you a message that something is wrong! The sooner you visit our office, the sooner we can find the problem and treat it.
- It’s almost always best to save your natural tooth. Seeing us as soon as you have an accident or dental pain will increase the chances that we can avoid an extraction.
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Taking care of dental damage as soon as it happens will save you a great deal of time, money, and pain from untreated injury or infection.
Our state-of-the-art office and competent staff allow us to see most emergency dental cases the same day they happen, so don’t wait!
Learn What “Counts” As A Dental Emergency
You know that a fall requiring nearly 50 stitches could damage your smile enough to merit a trip to the dentist! But that’s hardly the only situation that “counts” as an emergency. If you have any of the following symptoms, it’s time to call Parkway Dental:
- A tooth that’s been broken or knocked out.
- Injury to your mouth tissue, including lips, gums, cheeks, and tongue.
- Infection in one or more of your teeth.
- Mouth pain, even if you don’t know what’s causing it.
- A throbbing toothache that has gone away.
You might be wondering why a lack of pain is a problem. The answer is that your tooth could be dead from infection, but that doesn’t mean the infection isn’t still wreaking havoc. You may need a root canal to preserve your tooth and to prevent further damage. If you wait too long, you could have some dire consequences. An infection will spread to other parts of your mouth, including your gums and other teeth.
- From there, your jawbone can become damaged and your teeth can fall out.
- It can also give you a sinus infection by traveling upwards.
- If the bacteria from the infection gets into your bloodstream through your gums, you could develop bacterial endocarditis, which affects your heart’s inner lining.
- If it infects your jaw, you could develop Ludwig’s angina, which affects your breathing.
- In the worst-case scenario, the infection can travel to your brain and cause a coma, and even death.
These are extreme examples, but they’re very real risks if you ignore warning signs. Hundreds of thousands of Americans visit the emergency room every year with oral infections. Protect your health by calling Parkway Dental for emergency dentistry right when you sense trouble.
Stay Safe, Healthy, And Pain-Free, Even With Dental Anxiety
We understand that a lot of folks avoid the dentist because of anxiety and fear. In fact, around 40 million Americans report that they’re afraid of the dentist! But that doesn’t mean you have to live with pain and risk your health.
Our office was designed with you in mind. Our use of state-of-the-art technology doesn’t mean we have to have a cold, clinical building. Instead, you’ll enjoy large windows that offer a gorgeous view and a warm, welcoming staff right when you arrive. And once you get settled, you can enjoy several comfort amenities, including:
- Complimentary beverages
- Soft pillows and blankets
- Televisions in each operatory.
When you need a little more help calming your nerves, we also offer nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation.
If you need emergency dental care, don’t want. Call Parkway Dental at 770-676-1122 to get safe, competent treatment to help you keep smiling. If you need non-urgent care, feel free to use our handy online form to contact us.